Connect Credit Union makes gift giving easy with Gift Cards in varying amounts up to $750.
Here are some tips for using your Gift Card:
- For your security, sign your card on the white stripe located on the back of the card.
- Keep a record of your card number, separate from your wallet.
- Know your balance before you shop, as merchants cannot determine the balance on your card.
- The Gift Card has the Visa Debit Logo displayed on the card. However, the card does not have a pin number and therefore needs to be handled as a credit card. If ever asked “debit or credit”, make sure you choose credit.
- The Gift Cards cannot be used for ATM transactions or Cash Advances
- Certain types of merchants, such as gas stations, restaurants, car rental agencies, Communication Companies and hotels may pre-authorize amounts that exceed the actual amount of purchase. (Example – Gratuities). When this happens have the merchant manually run the transaction for the balance on the Gift Card and pay the difference with an alternative form of payment.
- You can use your Gift Card for online or phone purchases. However, if any of these online merchants require address verification the gift card will not work, because address information at the time of purchase isn’t required. There is now a function in the consumer website – My Account that will now allow you to register your card. If the card does get registered, you would then be able to use the Gift Card for online purchases.
For more information on purchasing the perfect gift, connect with a representative today!